Sunday 10 August 2014

My Top 3 - Eyeliners

Hi everyone, for today's Top 3, I going to talk about eyeliners.  Now this is not usually an item I talk that much about, basically because I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with them and I tend to have more problems applying the stuff than anything else but I do love the way it looks, IF and that's a big 'if' for me, it happens to go well and look nice!  But since I'm pretty rubbish at applying it, I tend to stick to what I know works for me.


So anyway, here's a few of the ones that I do love to use, including one that I try and use if I'm feeling a little braver and more adventurous, and I have a bit more time on my hands to mess around with it. . . just in case it happens to go wrong. . . as per usual! :-/

Black Eyeshadows  These are the 'holy grail' eyeliners for me, I rely on them completely and they always work well no matter what.

I tend to use one of three different shadows;
 if I'm using my Technic Nudes palette which I love, then the black one in that is perfect.
Or if I'm using my Urban Decay Naked palette, then I use 'Creep'.  Which even though it's not a very 'black' black, it's still good and blends well with the other shades from the palette.

If I'm using any other shadows, either singles or from another palette, I always go to my favourite Natural Collection 'Midnight' black, which is a wonderful very dark intense black.

But the main item I cannot live without for applying my eyeliner shadows is my Real Techniques Brow Brush from the Eyes Starter Set.
I just find it so easy to use, it's the perfect shape and size and applies perfectly.

Next is the Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil -

This is just a good basic pencil.  I used to find it a little scratchy but the more I've used it, the softer it's become and now It's just the right consistency to get a nice line.  I still find it a little tricky, because I'm just terrible at getting it right in the lash line but I do like it for just under my eyes.


And lastly the lovely Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Pencil (phew mouthful)!

This is one I definitely have to take a little more time with but I do love the darker thicker consistency, especially for a more dramatic/'evening-out' look.  It's SO soft, smooth and blendable and lasts for hours and hours, it's actually a job to remove at the end of the day!

What eyeliners do you use the most or do you have a nightmare of a time with them like me, let me know in the comments?!

On another note, I currently upload new posts every Thursday and Sunday, but just to let you know in future I will always be uploading posts every Wednesday and Sunday :-)

Stay happy 

post signature Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo MyBlogSignature2_zps611ebcf4.png